VP of People
A new electric bike for urban riders.
With electric bikes traditionally viewed as expensive, cumbersome and poorly designed, we are reinventing the category by blending design elegance with affordability and technology that connects owners to their bikes through a mobile app, featuring a secure key, live stats, and GPS tracking.
Founded in 2017 by start-up entrepreneurs Adrien Roose, Karim Slaoui and Tanguy Goretti, we have recently received over €10 million in funding and our team is rapidly expanding both in Belgium and EU wide.
About the role and what you'll be doing
We’re looking for an experienced VP People to lead on all people related initiatives here at Cowboy covering Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, Culture and Learning & Development. Partnering with our Founders, Directors and your growing team, you will take ultimate responsibility over defining and driving our people strategy.
Our VP People will be part the senior leadership team, establishing and running our People Function, whilst covering a wide range of responsibilities across the below areas.
In this role you will drive and oversee our entire Talent Acquisition function. You will be responsible for defining and executing our recruitment strategy to fuel our international expansion.
Leading a small in-house recruitment team and implementing end-to-end recruitment strategies to identify and attract the best talent available for Cowboy will be one of your many responsibilities.
Culture, Learning & Development
You’ll be working closely with our Founders and Directors - acting as a strategic partner - to support their efforts in building the best ever culture at Cowboy. You’ll ensure our guiding values (True Grit, Elevating Others, Mic Drop and Rapid Prototyping) are reflected in everything we do here, translating them into everyday practices with a clear vision of how to improve and build culture.
You will be working on mapping out a clear career progression plan for our employees to ensure Cowboy is a place where people thrive and are set up for success from the get go.
You’ll be working on defining and rolling out a company wide performance evaluation system and devising plans for a variety of HR matters such as compensation, benefits, health & safety etc..
You will oversee all HR initiatives, systems, tactics and all people related administration (such as payroll etc.).
- You have 6 - 10 years’ experience leading and building international teams in fast-growing, scaling businesses
- You love everything people related, and have great experience in people development, hiring, employer branding, employee engagement etc.
- You have a strong understanding of European employment law and regulations
- You have an interest in cleaner technologies such as Cowboy, love innovations and are not afraid to test new ideas and ways of doing things
- You demonstrate excellent communication skills and are experienced in partnering with senior leadership team
- High level of emotional Intelligence and are an expert influencer
- You have great attention to detail and are not afraid of analysing data
- Highly competitive salary package
- Opportunity to become one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup with open, respectful and fun company culture
- Having a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Working with people who love what they do every day