A new electric bike for urban riders.
With electric bikes traditionally viewed as expensive, cumbersome and poorly designed, we are reinventing the category by blending design elegance with affordability and technology that connects owners to their bikes through a mobile app, featuring a secure key, live stats, and GPS tracking.
Founded in 2017 by start-up entrepreneurs Adrien Roose, Karim Slaoui and Tanguy Goretti, we have recently received over €10 million in funding and our team is rapidly expanding both in Belgium and EU wide.
About the role and what you'll be doing
As Supply Chain Manager you will be responsible for launching and managing a logistic ecosystem across multiple countries - Belgium, Netherlands, France & Germany - to guarantee fast, reliable and cost effective logistics, warehousing and delivery across all countries where Cowboy is active.
Cowboy (www.cowboy.bike) is a digitally native, vertical brand which notably implies that the product will be mainly only online.
Reliable logistics will be a critical part of our value offering to customers.
As a Supply Chain Manager you will own the logistic flow of products as of the moment they are produced, overviewing production-to-warehouse, warehousing and warehouse-to-customer logistics.
Building the logistic ecosystem will require the search of, negotiation with and selection of reliable delivery and warehouse partners in our key markets in Europe. Speed, reliability and cost of the delivery of bikes to the end consumer will be your main KPI owning the entire supply chain as of production.
Apart from the logistic flow of bikes you will support the procurement of our numerous retail channels - flagships, pop-up stores & freelance experts - to support error-proof operations in an international retail network.
Main responsibility areas of the role
Cowboy is looking for people combining strategic insight & vision, numbers driven & goal-oriented tactics, great people management skills and mechanical background or strong affinity with bikes.
The Supply Chain Manager should be able to:
- Grow & manage wide set of logistic stakeholders including transport, warehousing and end-consumer delivery
- Launch deliveries and transport requests on a daily basis
- Manage stock management allowing buffers working out different scenarios
- Design & follow strict processes allowing for error-proof logistics
- Interact regularly with Manufacturing to understand timing, needs and anticipate unforeseen circumstances
- Lead or assist in the search for, selection of and negotiation with logistic partners
- Build and lead integrated, automated supply chain
We are looking for a entrepreneurial person who
- Has 3-8 years experience
- Preferred background in Logistics / Production or any other analytical domain
- Holds at least a Bachelor degree, ideally in Engineering, Business, Finance, Production, Manufacturing or Product Design or Development.
- Is extremely rigourous, consistent in approach
- Is analytical and number-driven
- Is comfortable with software tools and has excellent spreadsheet skills
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup, owning the building and management of a world-class logistics ecosystem
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day