Senior Hardware Engineer
A new electric bike for urban riders.
With electric bikes traditionally viewed as expensive, cumbersome and poorly designed, we are reinventing the category by blending design elegance with affordability and technology that connects owners to their bikes through a mobile app, featuring a secure key, live stats, and GPS tracking.
Founded in 2017 by start-up entrepreneurs Adrien Roose, Karim Slaoui and Tanguy Goretti, we have recently received over €10 million in funding and our team is rapidly expanding both in Belgium and EU wide.
About the role an what you'll be doing
As a Senior Hardware Engineer you will have demonstrated experience in the IoT or Automotive industry. The ideal candidate will bring both strategic vision and solid execution skills to create cutting-edge hardware.
Experience with Bluetooth and RF devices is a big plus.
Main responsibility areas of the role
- Your duties will vary greatly throughout the different projects but typically you’ll be doing the following:
- Schematic design and PCB layout
- Working on specifications and test plans (for all bicycle electronics)
- Testing and board bringup of proof-of-concepts and early prototypes
- Project management of PCB industrialisation (certification, testing, production, ...)
- Support the procurement and manufacturing processes
- Staying up-to-date with the latest advances in technology
- 7+ years experience in circuit design and/or requirements analysis for electronic hardware projects.
- Master's degree in a technical discipline.
- Full life cycle hardware development experience for automotive electronics products.
- Experience working on a global, cross functional project.
- Experience with failure mode analysis (FMEA) practices.
- Experience with technical project management
- Excellent organisational and communicative skills.
- High attention to detail, accountability and ownership.
- Flexible to assist with other tasks as assigned.
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup with open, respectful and fun company culture.
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution.
- Work with people who love what they do every day.
- Highly competitive salary package.