Junior Electronics Engineer
A new electric bike for urban riders.
With electric bikes traditionally viewed as expensive, cumbersome and poorly designed, we are reinventing the category by blending design elegance with affordability and technology that connects owners to their bikes through a mobile app, featuring a secure key, live stats, and GPS tracking.
Founded in 2017 by start-up entrepreneurs Adrien Roose, Karim Slaoui and Tanguy Goretti, we have recently received over €10 million in funding and our team is rapidly expanding both in Belgium and EU wide.
About the role an what you'll be doing
As a Junior Electronics Engineer, you will be a key member of the team developing and improving the next-generation of Cowboy electric bikes. As a key member of the electrical engineering team you will be expected to drive innovation in all aspects of product development.
Main responsibility areas of the role
- Schematic capture and PCB Layout
- Component qualification respect strict, mechanical, reliability and cost constraints
- Evaluate feasibility of technical choices using eval/dev boards
- Maintain component libraries
- Generate Design Verification & Test reports according to test plans
- Lead design reviews and ensure Design for Test principles are respected
- Ensure scalability by respecting Design for Manufacturing principles
- Automate tests and reporting for both design validation and to support manufacturing
- Work closely with electronics assemblers and sub-contractors; on-site when required
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in schematic capture and PCB layout
- Familiar with electronics laboratory equipment and test methods
- Comfortable in low level C and scripting tools such as bash & python
- Tenacious in nature and take deadlines very seriously
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Effective working either independently or in a team
- Analytical thinker who uses a first principles approach to problem solving
- Passionate about electronics
- Willing to get your hands dirty
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup with open, respectful and fun company culture.
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution.
- Work with people who love what they do every day.
- Highly competitive salary package.