Retail On-demand Manager - FR, NL, UK & GER
A new electric bike for urban riders.
With electric bikes traditionally viewed as expensive, cumbersome and poorly designed, we are reinventing the category by blending design elegance with affordability and technology that connects owners to their bikes through a mobile app, featuring a secure key, live stats, and GPS tracking.
Founded in 2017 by start-up entrepreneurs Adrien Roose, Karim Slaoui and Tanguy Goretti, we have recently received over €10 million in funding and our team is rapidly expanding both in Belgium and EU wide.
About the role an what you'll be doing
As a Retail On-demand Manager you will be responsible for launching and managing a network of on-demand Experts offering test ride experiences to potential customers over the number of countries we will be active in.
In parallel to our more traditional approach to retail - we will open 5 flagship stores in Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, Berlin and London - we will offer potential customers the opportunity to test the bike at a location of their choice, at work or at home.
Our goal is to create a network of Tier 1 cities in the targeted countries - FR, BEL, NL, UK & DE - of approximately 10 cities per country.
The Experts who will offer test rides in the wide range of approx. 30-50 cities across Europe will be freelancers who will be ‘certified partners’, as they will become experts of the Cowboy bike after following our ‘certified training program’.
The Retail On-demand Manager will launch and oversee these cities by first selecting channels to reach out to freelancers, carefully selecting them and training them on a continuous basis.
The On-Demand Manager will build relationships with the 50-200 stakeholders they are in direct contact with, assess their performance based on defined KPI such as conversion, availability, NPS and number of sales generated. The On-demand Manager will coach and build training material to improve performance across this fleet.
- As Manager in a hands-on environment you will be making strategic decisions as implementing them, hence strong interpersonal skills and customer empathy are requirement.
- The On-demand Manager will travel a lot and emerge in different cultures engaging with a wide variety of people. Therefore an international mindset and hands-on mentality is important.
- In addition an ‘always be testing’ mindset is a must as optimising conversion and cost-per-goal will require multiple and continuous A/B testing over a variety of variables incl. channel, copy, visual, persona, message.
- Independency and ‘hustling’ is required as the On-demand Manager will launch from scratch.
- A number driven and KPI tracking way of working is critical as the test and projects will heavily rely on performance measuring.
- Finally - as we expect to grow rapidly - management skills such as clear communication, goal-setting and coaching are definitely appreciated.
- The On-demand Manager is expected to have demonstrated the above before managing rapid launching operations across different regions.