Director of Electrical Engineering
A new electric bike for urban riders.
With electric bikes traditionally viewed as expensive, cumbersome and poorly designed, we are reinventing the category by blending design elegance with affordability and technology that connects owners to their bikes through a mobile app, featuring a secure key, live stats, and GPS tracking.
Founded in 2017 by start-up entrepreneurs Adrien Roose, Karim Slaoui and Tanguy Goretti, we have recently received over €10 million in funding and our team is rapidly expanding both in Belgium and across Europe.
About the role an what you'll be doing
As Director of Electrical Engineering, you will be responsible for the team developing and improving the next-generation of Cowboy electric bikes. From concept to production, from the choice of supplier to signing-off detailed quality control charts. As a key part of the Engineering team you will have the chance to work on a project from start to end and shape the future engineering team of Cowboy.
Main responsibility areas of the role
- Achieve the connectivity vision of Cowboy through robust electronics development
- Taking charge of the electromechanical development of the bike (battery, controller, motor)
- Find and evaluate suppliers
- Be in charge of the cost and reliability of the implemented solutions
- Secure regulation compliance and collaborate to the homologation process
- Support the manufacturing side to solve the concerns raised during both production preparation and mass production
- Co-operate to setting targets for next generation models
- Be the link between the mechanical, electrical and firmware engineering of Cowboy
- Hire and lead a team of highly skilled and motivated electrical and electromechanical engineers
- You have a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering
- You are an experienced professional with 10+ years of relevant experience in both electrical and electromechanical engineering
- You have experience planning engineering projects (from concept to production)
- You are able to lead your team through the development process by implementing effective and structured communication tools
- In-depth battery knowledge and experience
- You are willing to travel to suppliers
In addition to the above, being Head a of department you are a highly professional role-model, meaning that you:
- Are a result driven, proactive, problem solver
- Are tenacious in nature and take deadlines very seriously
- Have a customer mindset
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get your hands dirty
- Are able to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Seek quality and efficiency in your activity by creating and implementing standardised work methods
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup with open, respectful and fun company culture.
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution.
- Work with people who love what they do every day.
- Highly competitive salary package.