A new electric bike for urban riders.
With electric bikes traditionally viewed as expensive, cumbersome and poorly designed, we are reinventing the category by blending design elegance with affordability and technology that connects owners to their bikes through a mobile app, featuring a secure key, live stats, and GPS tracking.
Founded in 2017 by start-up entrepreneurs Adrien Roose, Karim Slaoui and Tanguy Goretti, we have recently received over €10 million in funding and our team is rapidly expanding both in Belgium and EU wide.
About the role at You'll be doing
We’re looking for an experienced Purchasing Director to join us here at Cowboy to help us achieve our ambitious vision; to change urban mobility through mass production of high-tech yet affordable electric bicycles.
Partnering with our Head of Manufacturing and the rest of the senior leadership team, you will take ultimate responsibility over defining and driving our purchasing strategy. You will lead our organisation in establishing strong, clear and competitive relationships with suppliers and engineering partners, as well as covering a wide range of responsibilities.
- Defining and executing purchasing strategy for Cowboy to help us transition to mass production.
- Establishing the Purchasing function at Cowboy from scratch; building and mentoring a growing team.
- Scouting candidate suppliers through benchmarking and market research.
- Candidate qualification.
- RFP / RFQ for new projects and parts.
- Contributing to the part specification preparation by the engineering team.
- Negotiating and maintaining all contracts for development, manufacturing and supply, including all necessary aspects such as IP, quality, delivery, pricing, insurances, etc.
- Periodical price revision.
- Ad-hoc price revision, in particular linked to ongoing cost reduction activities.
- Link up with the Quality department for incentives and penalties related to quality.
- Organising Cowboy supplier conferences, awards, etc.
- Risk management of supplier base.
- Masters degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Business) with 5- 10 years of experience.
- Fluency with a wide range of manufacturing processes (extrusion, forging, casting, mechanical forming, hydro-forming, hardening, milling, welding, paint, ED, anodizing, injection molding) and materials (alloys, plastics, elastomers).
- Proven experience leading the purchasing function at a high growth business.
- Strong experience planning purchasing activities (from project stage through to mass production).
- Ability to lead stakeholders through the purchasing process by implementing effective and structured communication tools.
- Ability to read 2D and 3D technical drawings.
- Able to travel to suppliers.
You are a highly professional role-model, meaning that you are / have:
- Result driven, proactive, problem solver
- Tenacious in nature and take deadlines very seriously
- Customer mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get your hands dirty
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to manage, support, coach, guide, inspire and motivate team members
- Seeking quality and efficiency in your activity by creating and implementing standardised work methods
- Highly competitive salary package
- Becoming one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup with open, respectful and fun company culture.
- Having a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Working with people who love what they do every day