Mechanical Design Engineer
A new electric bike for urban riders.
With electric bikes traditionally viewed as expensive, cumbersome and poorly designed, we are reinventing the category by blending design elegance with affordability and technology that connects owners to their bikes through a mobile app, featuring a secure key, live stats, and GPS tracking.
Founded in 2017 by start-up entrepreneurs Adrien Roose, Karim Slaoui and Tanguy Goretti, we have recently received over €10 million in funding and our team is rapidly expanding both in Belgium and across Europe.
As an integral part of the Mechanical Engineering Team, you will collaborate closely with the style designers and contribute to the development of our next generation of bikes . You will be working on specific components as well as on innovative concepts.
Main responsibility areas:
- You will create detailed 3D designs of the frame and key bike components as well as bike assembly
- You will produce 2D drawings and tolerance analysis
- You will be responsible of the Product Data Management and track files exchanges with development partners and suppliers
- You will have the responsibility to coordinate activities of external CAD consultants in periods of high workload or for specific projects.
- At least 3 years of experience designing mechanical components
- Use of CAD software, preferably Creo Parametric
- You have a thorough knowledge and experience in design of plastic and/or metallic components (stamping, forging, casting)
- Management of complex PDM/PLM system
In addition to the above you will be:
- A creative, problem solver, with the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- You have the ability to take ambiguous ideas and transform them into complex 2D and 3D designs
- Are tenacious in nature and take deadlines very seriously
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Are able to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup with open, respectful and fun company culture.
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Highly competitive salary package