VP of Marketing
A new electric bike for urban riders.
With electric bikes traditionally viewed as expensive, cumbersome and poorly designed, we are reinventing the category by blending design elegance with affordability and technology that connects owners to their bikes through a mobile app, featuring a secure key, live stats, and GPS tracking.
Founded in 2017 by start-up entrepreneurs Adrien Roose, Karim Slaoui and Tanguy Goretti, we have recently received over €10 million in funding and our team is rapidly expanding both in Belgium and EU wide.
About the role and what you'll be doing
As VP of Marketing, you will be responsible for growing the company’s base of customers. You will also be responsible for leading creative, brand, and communications strategies. As you will be joining an early stage startup, you will be expected to contribute to various areas, in a very hands-on manner.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Lead generation
- You will help the company grow through the direct acquisition of potential customers. Lead generation involves multiple channels, including search engine marketing (SEM/paid), search engine optimisation (SEO/unpaid), social (paid and unpaid), content advertising, events and partnerships.
- Marketing Communications / PR
- Building on the founding story, you will define the company narratives, and work with different with media (online and offline) to raise awareness and understanding.
- Brand positioning
- While the founders have defined this in the early stages of the company, the marketing function often refines it down the road, updating it based on market traction, customer feedback, desired differentiation, and more.
- You will translate the brand positioning into reality through advertisements, collateral, web design, and even the user interface/ user experience of the product.
- Research / Analytics
- You will develop informed points of view on non-financial but critical measures of performance, such as: brand awareness, target users, competitive positioning, etc. Best practices here include leveraging both primary and secondary research sources.
Disclosure: most of the above job description was originally written by Jeff Jordan, a general partner at the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz
- Master’s Degree in Marketing or Business preferred
- A minimum of 5-10 years relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get your hands dirty
- Highly competitive salary package
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day